- Blog Home »
- Let's get more Americans covered
Let's get more Americans covered
By AHA STAT Staff
October 5, 2017
America’s hospitals have long helped connect consumers with coverage and are committed to continuing to do so when open enrollment begins Nov. 1 for the 2018 Health Insurance Marketplaces.
More than 20 million Americans have gained coverage over the past three years through a combination of Medicaid expansion and enrollment in private market coverage through the marketplace exchanges.
We need your help in spreading awareness about the importance of coverage and getting as many people insured as possible. This year’s enrollment ends Dec. 15 in most states.
We are counting on you to ramp up the action in your communities and make the 2018 enrollment push our healthiest yet. By visiting our Get Enrolled page at www.aha.org/getenrolled, you will find resources to help the enrollment process go as smoothly as possible, including:
- 30- and 60-second videos in both English and Spanish to promote enrollment among young adults;
- Infographics and other content that can be customized and used on social media;
- Podcasts highlighting member success stories with enrollment promoting activities; and
- Talking points for members to use when engaging with stakeholders in their communities.
Coverage counts when it comes to meeting the AHA’s vision of a society of healthy communities, where all individuals reach their highest potential for health. Access to health insurance coverage is a passport to much more than the ability to get care when a patient is injured or ill; it empowers people to take the right steps to stay healthy.
Getting coverage to more Americans matters, and we need to continue to help make it happen.
Topics: Access and Coverage, Advocacy and Public Policy
Tags: Enrollment, Coverage, access
comments powered by Disqus